Travel ads on Bollywood site
Online travel is going to be big business in India. India is incomplete without cricket, films, and politics and the travel Web sites have got it right.
See the movies Web page of Bollywood Web site Indiafm. There are three banner ads on its homepage and all are of travel web sites: Mobissimo India, ClearTrip, and TravelGuru.
Not a complete list of Travel related Web sites in India:
- Mobissimo India meta travel search engine
- ClearTrip for airfare bookings
- YatraOnline is going to start operations soon.
I would like to be a tour guide travelling across 5000 places in India. Something better than watching,
not even watching (my desk faces the wall), an empty afternoon go by, sitting before the computer doing almost nothing. :-(
Chirayu, Maan, do something with your life—get a life :-) Spend an afternoon lazing by a stream, near the countryside, watching drops of silvery rain fall from grey overcast skies and the wind kiss your face and ruffle your hair. You won't get paid for that, that's the only difference. :-) Does it matter? :-)
- Zuji.com (Travelocity India) is coming soon.
- Xplorz.com finds airfares. To check this site.
- Indiatimes Travel is too congested. Keep it simple. What do you want a potential customer to do? Show that. Not everything related to travel on one page itself.
- NDTV Travel
- Rediff Faresearch
- GoIndigo.in is a new low cost airline. They need to take the search box higher on the Web page for Firefox browser. The clouds and sky interface looks good. To check this site.
- Any more? Let me know. Of course all the usual suspects, the airline web sites, Mobissimo takes care of them, so don't need to search those sites separately.
Tip to travel Web sites: Book ads on Cricinfo.com for the period Jan-Apr 2007. The cricket world cup takes place in the West Indies in March and April next year.
Friday night is the best time to blog, oh! it's Saturday early morning. This Zidane song (see below) is addictive. :-)