Give a Mosaic effect to images
Give a Mosaic effect to images using the Brush Strokes and Pixelate filters in Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the image in Adobe Photoshop
2. Duplicate the layer from Layer -> Duplicate Layer
3. Apply the Brush Strokes filter to the duplicate layer
Filter -> Brush Strokes -> Accented Edges -> Width (2), Brightness (38), Smoothness (5) -> OK
4. Apply the Pixelate Mosaic filter
Filter -> Pixelate -> Mosaic -> Cell size 15 square -> OK
5. Apply the Sharpen filter thrice.
Filter -> Sharpen -> Sharpen
6. Set the Blending mode to Soft Light
7. Merge the two layers
Layer -> Merge Layers (Ctrl+E)
8. File -> Save As -> .jpeg
Mosaic effect applied to Rahul Dravid's image.
Rahul Dravid leads India in the Champions Trophy cricket tournament.
Schedule of India's matches in the Champions Trophy 2006:
- Sun., Oct 15 v. England at Jaipur
- Thu., Oct 26 v. 2nd Qualifying team at Ahmedabad
- Sun., Oct 29 v. Australia at Mohali
The semi-final matches take place on the 1st and 2nd Nov. at Mohali and Jaipur with the final at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai on the 5th of November.
Schedule of Champions Trophy from 7th Oct to 5th Nov 2006 in India.
Related link on this blog. Follow the Champions Trophy on Cricinfo.
The image below provides a view of the Mosaic effect.