Image Editing: Diffuse Glow Look
Add a diffuse glow look to an image by applying the Overlay blending mode and Gaussian Blur filter in Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the image in Adobe Photoshop.
2. Duplicate the layer from Layer -> Duplicate Layer
3. Set the Blending mode of the duplicate layer to Overlay
4. Add a Gaussian Blur filter to the duplicate layer.
Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur -> Radius 0.2 pixels -> OK
5. Merge the layers from Layer -> Merge Layers (Ctrl+E)
6. File -> Save As -> .jpeg file -> Quality 12 -> OK
British actress Keira Knightley of Pirates of the Caribbean, King Arthur, and Bend It Like Beckham fame.
Original and Diffuse Glow look.
Original image of Keira Knightley from the archives of Canadian newspaper The Globe and Mail.