Looking out the window on a silent starless night. It is the wrong time to listen to emotional and melodious love songs like Jiya dhadak dhadak jaaye and Judaa hoke bhi tu mujhmai kahi baaki hai.
On most occasions whenever I have listened to Jiya dhadak dhadak... alone at night, I have always cried, although not tonight. Maybe, I should write more personal posts like I used to in 2004 and early '05. After all it's my blog and if it makes me happy then why not.
जुदा होके भि तु मुझ्मै कहि बाकि है
पल्को मै बन्के आसु तु चलि आति है
judaa hoke bhi tu mujhmai kahi baaki hai
palkon mai banke aansu tu chali aati hai
Even though separate you are still somewhere within me
As tears on eyelids you come walking (to be with me)
- A thought: Now that Pluto is no longer a planet what about all the Geography that we learnt in school, and more so how about all the matrimonial horoscopes falling flat with Pluto vanishing in thin air.
Is horoscope matching essential for marriage? I'm not too convinced about it. But that's about traditions, you're bound by them, and it's difficult to judge what's right and wrong, but that which appeals to the heart and soothes the mind is what works, and if a favourable horoscope match and compatibility of 18 or more on 36 is essential, then so be it.
- It's not that I don't believe in God, but somehow I can't feel that emotion folding hands before an idol, Murti, asking for something from God. I don't remember the last time I had been to a temple, maybe when I was in school, no after that it was in 2003 at Pedammagudi temple in Hyderabad, when Dadi had told me to donate a part of my first salary in a new city.
- I'm planning to get engaged by the year end. Plans of a honeymoon, next year, in Brazil seem remote as I don't have that kind of saving, and I don't want to take a loan for that. Ladakh seems to be a good bet if not Brazil.
- I'm going to watch Lage Raho Munnabhai this weekend. From reviews and promos it seems to be even better than Munnabhai MBBS, which itself is such a feel good movie that it sets the world right, each time one watches it.
- The fifth of September is celebrated as Teacher's Day in India. I had great language teachers in school and that's where my interest in languages comes from. Thank you Zacharias Sir for all those sessions of Wren and Martin, Karkaria Sir for those impromptu Dohas of Kabir during Hindi classes even though the highest one could score in your class was only 60 on 100 :-), and Kulkarni Sir for that simplicity and modesty that was an example for students to follow. I haven't met anyone of them, except for a few chance meetings, but I do acknowledge their contribution in igniting my interest in languages, and I will always be grateful to them.